FIR Designer is an application for creating finite impulse response filters for loudspeakers.
The filters can be loaded into any FIR capable speaker processor or amplifier.
- Intuitive, fast workflow from impulse response import through to FIR filter export
- Continuous filter calculation and error display as parameters are updated
- FIR design from a loudspeaker measurement or direct FIR design (without a measurement)
- Filter design:
- Magnitude adjustment using common filter prototypes (Butterworth, Bessel, Linkwitz/Riley, Chebyshev, Elliptic, Neville Thiele and Keele/Horbach) and with minimum, linear and maximum phase options
- Phase adjustment using minimum and maximum phase all-pass filters, including a unique 4th order all-pass parametric phase filter
- Automatic magnitude correction
- Automatic phase correction
- Unlimited filter prototypes and automatic correction frequency bands
- Target responses:
- User-defined parametric magnitude target with unlimited segments,
- Impulse response target from file (with options to use magnitude only or magnitude and phase), or
- Both user-defined and file response combined
- Optional coherence in automatic magnitude and phase correction
- Measurement resampling
- Comprehensive range of impulse response file formats (TXT – magnitude/phase/coherence, TXT – samples, WAV, STO – SysTune Overlay, TRF – SMAART Trace, ETM – Easera measurement, GKF – EV/Dynacord and SFI – Linea Research)
- Multiple export formats compatible with most processors and amplifiers (including Powersoft, BSS, miniDSP and more)
Download a free trial. All features work except for the final FIR filter export.
Filter export requires purchase of a license key.
Runs on maxOS 10.7 and above. Double click the dmg to make its contents visible then drag the FIR Designer icon into your Applications folder.
Runs on maxOS 10.7 and above.
Double click the dmg to make its contents visible then drag the FIR Designer icon into your Applications folder.
Single user: US$100
(Enquire here about volume licensing.)
Click the image below to pay by credit card or Paypal.
Once payment is received, a license key will be emailed to you.
An internet connection is required when activating FIR Designer with the license key.
Enter the license key in the Help-License menu item.
After activation, FIR Designer is fully functional both online and offline.